Sustainability is important to us here at Morgans Consult. That’s why, in 2022, we launched our Plant a Green Future initiative.
This initiative is a way for us to help our clients meet their sustainability goals. Whenever a client signs up to the scheme, and works with us, they’re directly contributing to the planting of trees via our UN backed and accredited tree planting partners.
And we’ve already planted over 7000 trees on behalf of those clients!
UN Backed & Accredited Tree Planting Projects
We work with UN backed and accredited global tree planting partners who carry out local community projects that restore forests, boost economies, and sequester CO2 emissions.
Planting trees to practice carbon sequestration and help remove carbon from the atmosphere is one of the key approaches we can take to tackle climate change.
Working with our clients
For every £1000 a signed-up client spends on our services, Morgans Consult commits to planting 10 trees on their behalf. Whether that’s planting mangrove trees in Kenya, restoring forests in Madagascar, or growing indigenous agroforestry in Haiti, their branding or signage project will make real difference to environments across the globe.
We keep those clients who’ve signed up to this scheme up to date on how many trees their work with us has planted, marking key tree planting milestones
Benefits of Planting Trees
As much as we all love them, the number of trees on our planet has fallen by around 46% since the beginning of human civilization. But they’re vital to the health of our planet and its inhabitants… and we need them now more than ever.
According to scientists, planting trees across the world is one of the biggest and cheapest ways of taking carbon out of the atmosphere and help tackle the climate crisis.
- Trees are carbon sponges. They absorb carbon by removing it from the air and locking it in their wood and roots. They do this every day, every year, every decade, and in some cases for centuries. A single tree can absorb as much as 22kg of carbon each year. If that tree lives to the age of 40, it could have locked away more than a ton of the stuff.
- Trees purify the air. They don’t just absorb carbon, they also purify the air by absorbing other pollutant gases and emitting oxygen… that’s why a walk in the woods makes you feel so good!
- Trees help prevent flooding. They consume vast amounts of water, helping reduce water levels particularly in low lying areas like river flood plains. But their root systems help hold soil together too, helping avoid ground erosion and property damage.
- Trees increase rainfall, purify water and improve crop yield.
- Trees improve soil quality. Reducing soil erosion, improve fertility and give soil more moisture. Fallen tree leaves turn into valuable nutrients and tree growth and microorganism development. They also absorb soil pollutants, helping crops, and boosting crop yields.
- Trees provide habitats for countless species worldwide. Planting trees gives species displaced by deforestation a chance to regenerate.
- Our UN backed and accredited tree planting schemes provide work and income to local farms and support local economies.
Interested in Planting a Green Future?
Some of our biggest clients have already signed up to the initiative, resulting in those 7000 trees planted to date.
If you’d like more information, or are interested in Planting a Green Future with Morgans Consult, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 672828.